Back to Job Positions
Senior Engineer - Typescript Library
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing Ockam's open source Typescript library. You will also be responsible for using this Typescript library to integrate Ockam with various other libraries and cloud based systems.
Ockam is a collection of messaging and cryptographic protocols that provide end-to-end application layer trust in data. We believe that, in order to have a realistically manageable vulnerability surface, all modern applications need end-to-end guarantees of data integrity and authenticity. The only way to build secure and private applications is to remove unnecessary implicit trust in network boundaries, intermediaries and infrastructure.
This role will require solving challenging problems in areas like library API design, type systems, protocol design, actor model, async execution, abstraction, loose coupling, pluggable modules and more. You will be part of a team of senior engineers who have deep expertise across distributed systems, messaging protocols, network protocols, cryptographic protocols, embedded systems etc.
The Ockam team is passionate about making powerful cryptographic protocols simple and safe for application developers. In this role you will collaborate with this team to deliver safe, secure, stable, well-documented, easy to use, 100% open source Typescript libraries that wrap around our Rust cryptographic libraries and integrate with our Elixir based cloud services.
This role involves architecture, interface design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management, and summaries of key results.
- The Typescript language.
- NodeJS and Browser APIs.
- Library API design and documentation.
- Building components in complex code bases.
- Modern build tools for typescript projects, CI/CD pipelines and DevOps.
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases.
- Git and GitHub workflows.
- 5+ years of experience building low-level and backend systems.
- Distributed systems, Actor based concurrent systems and Messaging Protocols.
- Provisioning and operating basic cloud services in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.